Associate Membership Information Membership Brochure
The Virginia Association of Planning District Commissions (VAPDC) organized and incorporated in 1987 by the then, 23 PDCs/Regional Councils across the Commonwealth of Virginia. VAPDC’s mission is to bring diverse resources together at the regional level in partnership with local, state, and federal entities to strengthen regions and the Commonwealth.
More than 200 cities, counties, and other local governments participate in Virginia’s 21 PDCs/regional councils. They are instrumental in helping local communities address a wide range of issues including: homeland security, aging service, natural resources, transportation, workforce development, economic development, and criminal justice. PDCs/Regional Councils also work to coordinate efforts among state, federal and local programs to maximize their impact on communities and eliminate duplication of services.
VAPDC carries out its mission through a governing Board of Directors, an Executive Directors’ Council, policy and program committees, and an Association staff. The Association meets twice annually to discuss current issues and other conferences facing Virginia’s PDCs statewide and sharing innovations in regional services.
Why become a VAPDC Associate Member?
By becoming an Associate Member of VAPDC, your organization gains a unique opportunity to interact with the leaders of Virginia’s regions. Your organization will have contact with cities, counties, and other local governments as these groups work together to face the changes of a growing state. As an Association Member, you will be better informed about legislative issues, and other concerns facing Virginia’s PDCs/Regional Councils and have the opportunity to participate in the dialogue for the improvement of the lives of Virginia’s citizens.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Access and the opportunity to interact with regional leaders
- Contact information published in electronic Membership Directory/Listing
- Contact information listed on website with a link to your website
- Receive an electronic copy of Membership Directory/Listing
- Discounts to VAPDC Winter and Summer Conferences
- Advance notice and registration for VAPDC events and activities
- Recognition for support of Virginia’s PDCs/Regional Councils through membership listing on the VAPDC website
Annual Dues (Choose from four Categories of Membership)
- Corporate Associate Membership – includes private sector firms and the ability to have their employees listed as members for the purposes of attending events and being listed on the website. Note: If you are registering between January 1 - June 30 you will be charged pro-rated amount of $125
Cost: $ 250
- Not-for-Profit Associate Membership – includes business and professional associations, charitable non-profits; state and national government agencies; and colleges & universities. Note: If you are registering between January 1 - June 30 you will be charged pro-rated amount of $50
- Individual Associate Membership – includes any individual who has an interest in the work of PDCs/Regional Councils and is interested in furthering regionalism. Note: If you are registering between January 1 - June 30 you will be charged pro-rated amount of $25
- Student Associate Membership – includes any full time high school, undergraduate, or post-graduate student interested in the work of PDCs/Regional Councils. Note: If you are registering between January 1 - June 30 you will be charged pro-rated amount of $12.50
VAPDC reserves the right to reject any application from an organization that VAPDC officials or the VAPDC Board of Directors deems inappropriate or incompatible with VAPDC standards.